Happy South African Heriatge Day! This post is not really about Swiss Food, as it is a South African dessert but as it is made using two of my favourite Nestle products, we think even Switzerland would approve and as it tastes so good would want to call it it's own!
Peppermint Crisp Tart is super easy to make, provided you live in SA. The problem being the three key ingredients are pretty hard to find abroad. Luckily Liam was able to smuggle in some Caramel Treat, Tennis Biscuits and Peppermint Crisp Bars for us.
1 Can Caramel Treat
500ml Fresh Cream
1 packet Tennis Biscuits
2 peppermint crisp chocolate bars (or 1 large one)
1. Place the tennis buiscuits in rows at the bottom of your desired dish, ensuring that the bottom of the dish is completely covered. (break in half if necessary, and we made as many layers as we had biscuits).
2. Place the caramel in a mixing bowl and mix until smooth.
3. In a seperate mixing bowl, whisk the cream until stiff peaks form, being careful not to overwhip. (I actually googles how to whip cream in a Kitchenaid, and top tips include make sure the cream is just taken out of the fridge before you whip so that it is still cold, and only whip at a medium speed).
4. Add the whipped cream and three quarters of the grated peppermint criss (use the big side) to the caramel and whip well.
5. Spread a generous amount of the mixture over the tennis biscuits and spread evenly.
6. Sprinkle the remaining peppermint crisp over the top and place in the fridge for an hour to set.