I have never mad a pie before, so I decided that this summer we would try and see how easy7hard it really is. We were planning to pick our own berries from a field but I had misread the website and it seems you can buy lots of berries at Buuregarte but no self picking. Nonetheless the girls got to pick their punnents and then we headed off home to make our first pie.
Punnet of Raspberries and 2 x Punnet of Strawberies (4 cups)
Pie Dough (from Migros) (I didn't realise you need 2 one for the bottom and one for the top - so ours had no top).
Half a cup White Sugar
Half a cup All Purpose White Flour
2 tablespoons milk
1. Preheat oven to 220 degrees C.
2. Combine 3 1/2 cups berries with the sugar and flour.
3. Spoon the mixture into an unbaked pie shell. Spread the remaining 1/2 cup berries on top of the sweetened berries, and cover with the top crust if you have.
4. Seal and crimp the edges, and cut vents in the top crust for steam to escape. Brush the top crust with milk, and sprinkle with 1/4 cup sugar.
6. Reduce the temperature of the oven to 190 degrees C, and bake for an additional 20 to 25 minutes, or until the filling is bubbly and the crust is golden brown.
7. Cool on wire rack.
8. Serve with ice cream and enjoy!