Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

SWISS BUYS - Trauufer Wooden Toys

trauffer
SWISS BUYS

After visiting the Appenzeller Volkskunde Museum and doing some Aplfahrt reserach, I knew I wanted to display my own mini Alpfahrt wooden collection. And I soon realised that the best option had to be the wooden figurines from Trauffer. Trauffer Wooden toys have a long tradition since 1938 and "every Swiss child knows the little spotted cow with the golden bell".


It is fortunate that the wooden toys can be found in many shops in and around Switezrland, and I was even able to start my collection by buying some of the animals in Migros. Now the challenge will be finding the rarer animals and the traditional people.

My recent Migros shopping spree.
MY TAUFFER ALPFAHRT COLLECTION (so far).
5 goats (I've got 2)
Goat Boy
Goat Girl
3 Bulls with Bells (bought a black spotty, red spotty and a brown)
1st Son in Sundaydress
9 Cows with Bells (stole the calf from the girls toybox)
2nd Son in Sundaydress
Horse
Farmer
Caretaker
Cart
Dog (bought one woth orange spots)
(Little extras: I couldn't resist picking out from the girls toybox: a chicken, a bunny, a pig, a sheep and a lamb)

My display for August 1st. 

Available at Migros, COOP, and pretty sure most tourist and toy shops too.
Grüezi sign from Migros
Wooden Calendar and Glass Domes from Depot Online


No comments: