Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, September 15, 2016

SWISS WORDS - German Word of the Week

blau tisch* 
GERMAN WORD OF THE WEEK

For my Oktoberfest photoshoot table, I laid out some hessian table runners and then hunted as far as possible for anything that was blue. Unfortunately, I didn't have the exact blue, so instead I combined all different blues, that way the overall look was okay, and not one blue item would look out of place. 




For the napkins, I used an idea I found on a German webiste: giant pretzels for napkin rings. 


For the place cards, I recreated the look of the Karanval Lebekuchen Hertz (Carnival Gingerbread Hearts) you often see at German Autumn Fairs. Using my chalkboard pen I dotted around the edge of heart chalkboard tags and wrote the name inside. These I then tied around the neck of bottles of beer. 


More details tomorrow on the centrepieces and that awesome hat idea I spotted on Debbie's Cookkstudio.co.za website. 

*Blau Tisch = Blue Table

No comments: