On Sunday, the girls and I visited a Chilbi (we went to the one in Rotkreuz but every town has their own one usually one weekend a year around autumn). This is a Swiss Carnival and it is the perfect activity for a sunny autumn afternoon. Here are some of our top highlights!
TOP THINGS TO DO:
1. Try your hand at traditional carnival games like Tin Can Alley and Balloon Darts.
2. The girls are too big now - but ride the carousel.
3. Shop for quirky and goofy trinkets like charchter crocheted hats and neon dream catchers.
4. A new find - customised cotton bracelets. They definitely did not have the girls names pre-made but it really did only take 5 miniutes each (like the sign advertised).
5. Eat "junk food" - bratwurst, hotdogy, racelette - so many choice, so little time.
6. Continue the binge with GROSSE spookasem (that's candyfloss in Afrikaans) and/or soft serve.
7. Dare to ride the bumper cars - we actually skipped these this year as it was fierce!
8. Last but not least buy the compulsory helium mylar balloon!