Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, August 25, 2016

SWISS WORDS - Horse

pferd
GERMAN WORD OF THE DAY

One of the first words I made sure that I learnt when I first visited Switzerland in 2004 was "horse". You may think this is an odd word for someone who is working in the City and has always lived in a city to prioritise. But this was to make a 100% sure that when I read any menu or went shopping at any grocery store or butcher I would not make the mistake of ordering or buying horsemeat.


It is a real thing here, and readily available at both Migros and COOP and I even spotted it the other day on the Mexican Restaurant's menu. It's not my thing at all, but I guess at least here they are forced to detail on every menu and every package what meat it is - unlike the UK "Beef" lasagne drama of 2013.

SWISS WORDS - GERMAN WORD OF THE DAY
Horse = Pferd

No comments: