Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, July 29, 2016

SWISS FOOD - Swiss Sweets and Treats

swiss sweets and treats

Earlier this week the girls and I have been planning Swiss themed gifts for our family and friends back home, and we decided for those hard to shop for, we will give them a mini gift hamper of all the traditional chocolates, sweets and cookies 100% Swiss made.

Here is our TOP 10 Treats to try:
1. Toblerone - the mountain shaped chocolate with honey and almond nougat is a must have.
2. Munz Chocolate Slab - this chocolate is the kind you can eat anytime, anywhere, and they make all the cute ladybird, banana and frog shaped choccies too.
3. Kaegi - Happiness is a Kaegi! And they have been making everyone so since 1934.
4. Cailler - Did you know that Callier Chocolate is owned by Nestle - we're hoping to visit their chocolate factory real soon!
5. Halter Caramels - This is Switzerland's first confectionery manufactory since 1907 - yes! 1907!
6. Haribo Happy Cherries - had to include some sort of cherry sweet for promoting Zug.
7. Appenzeller Baerli-Biber - Liam ate mine, so I am not sure what it tastes like - I'll let you know when I get my hands on one.
8. Ricola - I'm not a fan, but they are Swiss famous, and I guess healthy what with them being made from herbs and all.
9. Cookies - Haven't tried these yet, but they are cookies with chocolate - one cannot go wrong.
10. Lindor by Lindt - No package would be complete without the Rolls Royce of Chocolate = LINDT! 

What do you think will be your Swiss favourite? (I know mine).

No comments: